Female Support Worker - Seaham
- Reference No:
- £8.78 - £12.00 Per Hour
- Industry Sector:
- Homecare, Supported Living
- Temporary to Permanent
- Date posted:
- 03 October 2018
- Expiry date:
- 30 January 2019
- Job Role:
- Support Worker
MTrec Care provides complete staffing and training solutions in to the North East health, social, nursing and independent living sectors. We are an established provider of Health & Social staffing in the North East, complimented by our own Independent Supported Living Service.
You will be required to work on a one to one basis with a young lady living with cerebral palsy to help her live independently in her own home. Our client has a brilliant sense of humour and makes the most out of life, she is fairly independent and is able to carry out basic tasks, such as making cups of tea, with little to no assistance. Successful candidates must be confident and reliable, also having a minimum of 6 months recent experience in Support work with personal care and a UK driving licence..
- To act as a positive role model and provide personalised care and support.
- To work at all times in ways which demonstrate an active understanding of the principles of the job, as escribed above, and with appropriate guidance from senior staff.
- To assist in all tasks required by the individual in line with care/support plans and risk assessments.
- To assist the client to live an independent lifestyle of their choosing, in a safe and responsible manner.
- Be reliable and flexible to the needs of the service.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Experience of working in Independent Supported Living Services
- Proven ability to deliver person-centred care.
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Proven ability to provide the highest standard of quality care
- Experience providing 1:1 support
- Open to change and development of the service
- Experience of working with individuals with Cerebral Palsy, Challenging Behaviours and Physical Disabilities
- Must be comfortable around dogs
- Must be of strong character
- Right to work in the UK
- Clean Driving License
NVQ/QCF Level 2 or 3
Administration of Medication Certificate / Qualification
For further information, please apply to this advertisement with your CV and contact details and one of our team will call you back for a short telephone interview.
*All positions offered are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and satisfactory References being obtained.
MTrec Care Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Back to listing