MTrec Care Preparing you for Re Validation.
MTrec Care - Taking the lead across the North East - Preparing you for Re Validation, are you ready?Posted: 25/02/2016
What is Re Validation?
Revalidation is the new process that all nurses and midwives in the UK will need to follow to maintain their registration with the NMC.
Taking effect from April 2016, revalidation is straightforward and will help you as a nurse or midwife demonstrate that you practice safely and effectively. It will encourage you to reflect on the role of the Code in your practice and demonstrate that you are 'living' the standards set out within it.
This new process replaces the Prep requirements, and you will have to revalidate every three years to renew your registration.
What are the requirements for Re Validation?
- 450 practice hours, or 900 if renewing as both a nurse and midwife
- 35 hours of CPD including 20 hours of participatory learning
- Five pieces of practice-related feedback
- Five written reflective accounts
- Reflective discussion
- Health and character declaration
- Professional indemnity arrangement
How will MTrec Care be supporting you on your Re Validation?
MTrec Care are taking a lead in the North East and have placed ourselves at the forefront of the Nurse Supply Market when it comes to Re Validation, we have prepared and commenced implementation of New Recruitment Practices, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly appraisal, supervisions and practice based discussions. As we move into April we will be releasing further details of what we will be offering our Nurse Staff however in the meantime here is an idea of what can be expected.
- Nurse led competency interviews and appraisals
- Participatory Training and CPD – we have created cutting edge course material
- Support and guidance from our branch nurse towards practice related feedback and reflective accounts
- Reflective discussions, appraisals and supervisions
- Confirmations – we will act as your confirmer
Further details of the help, support and guidance that MTrec Care will be offering to our Registered Nurses will be released in the coming weeks – we look forward to speaking to you.Back To Listing